LCM Honey Bear Tryouts
TRY OUT INFORMATION
Packets are available for pick-up in the front office of MMS, LCJH, and the High School or room 224.
1. Must be eligible to attend LCMHS for 2023-2024 school year.
2. Any applicant not living in the LCMCISD School District planning to utilize our ‘Open District’ policy must pay the school taxes and be cleared to attend LCMHS prior to CAMP in July.
3. Cannot have received a failing grade in more than one six weeks in the current year and cannot have received an ISS/SAC/DAEP placement. *An exception for failing grades may be made in Advanced Placement or Dual Credit Classes. Pre-AP and Honors classes may not be eligible for exemption. Any applicant wishing to discuss a questionable discipline record is welcome to speak to Mrs. Wappler prior to tryouts.
4. Must be able to accept constructive criticism and possess a conscientious attitude and cooperative spirit. Applicant must show coordination, normal rhythm, and an aptness for learning routines.
5. Must be in good financial standing with LCMHS and with the Honey Bears Drill Team.
6. Cannot have quit before or after semester 2 schedule changes and have been removed from the Honey Bears Drill Team in the current year.
7. Must attend EVERY day of tryout clinic.
8. Must attend Mandatory Pre-Tryout Meeting WITH a PARENT on Monday March 6th @ 6:30pm in the LCM High School Library.
9. Must turn in a Permission Form, Questionnaire, and Report Card with at least 4th cycle grades on it by the deadline.
These forms are to be turned in to Mrs. Wappler (Room 224) or at pre-tryout meeting no later than Monday, March 6th 2023.
After grade/discipline records have been reviewed, any applicant found ineligible to try out, will be contacted. Mrs. Wappler will use the information in this packet to notify the applicant, so please provide current contact information.